Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Long Time, No Blog

Hello!!!
It has been forever since we have been bloggers!  Our summer has flown by so quickly, and was so full and fabulous for all three of us here at Embellished Living!  With 7 kids between us we were left with little absolutely no time for blogging.  Not to mention that the three of us were barely in the same state (or country) for more than 2 weeks all of summer break.  The kids are back in school with the last kiddo of the bunch starting back to preschool this Thursday, our excuses are gone and we are back to some serious work- including blogging.  
Admittedly we have all had personal blogs and have loved them, however, none of us have touched them for over a year! Yikes!  We have a plan, which is good cause we are all crazy planners and list makers.  From now on you will get a little taste of each of us every single week.  We are committed to blogging and getting to know you- our readers, customers and fellow bloggers, as well as letting you all get to know us- the nameless, faceless ladies of Embellished Living.  

Here is how it is going to work~
*Every Monday you will have musings and ramblings from me, Jacy, in our "Miscellaneous Monday" post.
*Wednesday's, Stacie will catch you up and tell you all about what Embellished Living is up to in "What We're up to Wednesday"
* On Friday, Chandra will feature one of the many fabulous folks, products, blogs or shops we are super fans of, or one of you- our fans- in "FANtastic Friday"

Hopefully this will let you all get to know us a little more, and will get us back to loving having a blog :)

This week we are each going to start with an introduction of ourselves. Today is my day so I will kick it off with my intro.


My name is Jacy.  I happily reside in the lovely city of Murfreesboro, TN with Travis, my husband of 13 years.  I have been a stay at home mom for the past 12 years to our 2 girls.  Mykenzie is a sweet and sassy, smartie pants 12 year old and Kaylee is a super loving but double sassy, sporty 8 year old.  I am sure you can imagine there is never a dull moment or shortage of drama in my estrogen filled home. When they were both in school full time, I tried my hand at going back to school to be a nurse and quickly realized it was not the right decision for myself or my family.  

I am a wanna be DIYer and have all of my own power tools {Anna White is my hero}. I have tried my hand both successfully and not so successfully at many DIY projects .  I come from a crazy talented, crafty, DIY family, and discovered that I had a tiny bit of that craftiness running through my blood as well. Because, crafting brought me a lot more joy and less frustration than Anatomy and Physiology, along with Chandra and Stacie, I decided to put it to the test and see where it could go.  It has been more than I ever dreamed it could be, and I am so happy to be where we are today and cannot wait to see where it takes us in the future!  I am looking forward to getting to know all of you a little better through this blog.  I want to apologize in advance for things you are bound to notice. 1- I am a rambler.  I ramble when I talk, write, dream, etc.  it drives my husband crazy, luckily he loves me in spite of it, hopefully you will as well.  2-  I am not a writer.  I suck at grammar, spelling, keeping with the same tense, etc.  Sorry.  I know it drives some people crazy, but I do have good news, I do know the proper usage of the words to, too, two, there, their and they're.  I hope knowing that puts you all at ease and you can overlook my many misplaced commas!  3- Last thing, well for now, I am an excessive exclamation point user and I use emoticons.  I have looked for a support group, but it looks like we will all have to just live with it.  

Since this is our first date and you need to know me a little better, I will end with what would be my match.com profile if I weren't already so happily married
I like:
*cookies (especially chocolatey ones)
*the sound of the ocean
*cool fall days
*watching my girls eyes light up with joy
*date nights with my hubby
*using all of my power tools
*jeans
*the kindle app on my iPad
*the smell of a glue gun
*planning my next project
*sales
*girls night out with my friends


I do NOT like:
*sitting in carpool line
*frogs
*paper work
*laundry
*fake people
*being cold
*not enough hours in the day
*scary movies
*that my kids are growing up so fast
*hot glue burns
*saw dust in my hair
*my super sized feet
*working out

That's it in a nutshell.  It is great to finally "meet" you all!  See ya next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment