Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

What's up Wednesday

WHEW!  After a fantastic time at the beach, we are slowly, because of the cooler temps, getting used to reality again.  It was 87 degrees and sunny when we left the beach, and by the time we got home, it was in the upper 40s and rainy!  What a difference a few hundred miles makes!

At Embellished Living, we are busy restocking the shelves at Simply Southern Marketplace, filling orders and getting ready for our show season to begin.  Chandra, Jacy and I love to craft and do a lot more than just what you see in our shop and on our Facebook page. 

I love to knit and spin (the making your own yarn kind, not the bicycling kind), and on occasion, I will accept a commissioned knitting project.  I've been asked to knit for others to carry on family traditions, to knit something for a bride on her wedding day, to knit something for a special baby, but I just got a request that I NEVER saw coming...  A sweet woman would like me to knit her mini pig a sweater.  Apparently, they get cold quite easily, and as I mentioned at the top of my post, it's getting cool fast here in Middle Tennessee!  Here she is:
I'd never heard of a mini pig until yesterday, and now all I can think about is getting a mini pig (much to my husband's chagrin). 

Do you have a crafty hobby?  Have you ever been asked to make something fun/funny?  I know I can't wait to get started crafting for Embellished Living and start knitting for that sweet piggy!




No comments:

Post a Comment