Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

What's Up Wednesday

Today, for one day only, I'm taking a break from the crafty Christmas preparations.  While Halloween isn't one of my favorites, it sure is a favorite for my two boys (well, three if you include the Mister)!  Meet Wolfman/Guitar Hero and Tie-Dye Morphsuit guy.  Creative names, I know, but I'm running on empty with a bit of a sinus infection.  That's as good as it gets.


Each year we try to out do what we did last year as far as pumpkin carving goes.  We love seeing what new patterns Zombie Pumpkins has each year, and keeping with the theme of his costume, D chose a wolfish design.  J just loves the pirates, so while it isn't what he is dressed up as, he chose the Jolly Roger.  This year was a BIG step for me since no one wanted (or needed) my help beyond printing the pattern and making sure it was on straight on the pumpkin.

My husband is in charge of the gutting of the gourds since he enjoys roasting the seeds.  This year he went with his usual savory blend of garlic salt, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese, but he also tried a new recipe with honey, white and brown sugars and cinnamon.  Both batches are delicious!



Do you have any Halloween traditions?  We'd love to read about them in the comments below!  Tomorrow, it's back to crafty Christmas preparation!  Just 55 days until Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment