Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Miscellaneous Monday~ Red, White and Blue

Tomorrow is the big day!  My house follows politics regularly, sometimes much more than I care to.  We are all looking forward to election day for a couple of reasons. We are ready to let our voices be heard, but we are also ready to move forward and be DONE with all of it! LOL  I will be dragging my kids with me to the polls so they can be a part of the process because I feel that it is crucial for me to show them how important it is for them to vote when they are able.  So many people before us fought hard for our (women) right to cast a vote and have our voices heard, and I want them to see that it is not something to be taken lightly.  They are excited about the election, but not excited at all about standing in line for me to vote. They are currently trying to come up with some kind of plan to get out of it. ;)  No such luck though, they will be by my side.  My husband voted early, but for me there is just something about casting my vote on election day.  It makes me feel more connected to the process, I guess.  No matter who you are voting for tomorrow, please just vote.  We live in a country where we have a small say in what happens, but if you don't vote your voice is never heard.  It is important, and your kids are watching.


Now that I have done my PSA on voting, I have got to show you what was waiting for me in my driveway today!
That is 5 BIG boxes my friends.  I wish I could tell you that it was something great that I ordered online to do some fabulous decorating in my house, but it's not.  They are not for me at all in fact.
Instead all 5 boxes are full of these beauties!  I cannot tell you how excited I am to have them arrive!  All 214 of them!  Now, of course I have to figure out where we are going to store all these babies.  Luckily we never seem to hang onto them for very long. We are officially ready for the holiday season to begin!  So exciting!  



Have a great night all!  Get out the vote tomorrow!

Embellished Living
https://www.etsy.com/listing/102337263/usa-jute-wrapped-home-decor

No comments:

Post a Comment